Sure, chillier temperatures might be headed this way, but that’s no reason to cool it when it comes to your skincare regimen. Check out these easy, breezy tips to help you put your best face forward this fall.
1. Exfoliate – Starting with a fresh canvas is key. Slough off the effects of sun-soaked skin—and pamper yourself in the process—by incorporating a microdermabrasion or chemical peel treatment into your next spa facial. Maintain your bright new complexion in between pro treatments with OTC exfoliants containing kaolin clay, enzymes and Vitamin A.
2. Hydrate – Keep wind-whipped skin mucho moisturized by reaching for products containing hyaluronic acid and glycerin, which will boost your skin’s hydration levels and make it appear plumper and smoother. Switching out that gel-based foaming cleanser for a creamy formulation is also a good move.
3. Take Your Vitamins – Proper nutrition doesn’t just do a body good—it’s essential for healthy skin too! Experiment with nutrient-rich serums, creams, and other topical treatments—we love Environ’s CQuence and AVST lines—containing fortifying vitamins A, C, and E.
4. Protect – The sun might not be shining, but that doesn’t mean easing up on the SPF. Skin-damaging UVA and UVB rays continue to burn bright during the winter months, so keep a broad-spectrum sunscreen on hand and apply it daily.
5. Get Even – Freckles, dark spots, or discoloration clouding your complexion? Even out hyperpigmentation and balance skin tone with products showcasing ingredients like vitamin C, lactic acid, niacinamide (a form of vitamin B), licorice, kojic acid, or azelaic acid.
For appointments or information: (201) 816-8106; www.EstheticaMD.com. Esthetica MD is located at 12 East Palisades Ave. Suite C, Englewood, NJ.